The Star Child Trilogy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion forum for the Star Child Trilogy, an astrological fantasy series by Jared R. Lopatin

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sunday, 14 June - 20 June 2009: Basic Books!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Sunday, 14 June - 20 June 2009: Basic Books! Empty
PostSubject: Sunday, 14 June - 20 June 2009: Basic Books!   Sunday, 14 June - 20 June 2009: Basic Books! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 5:28 am

This being our first topic of the week, let's discuss books! What kind of books do you prefer to read and who are your favorite authors? Why are these your favorites? Are there certain books that you can read over and over? Certain authors? Why?
Back to top Go down
https://starchildtrilogy.forumotion.net
Jared
Author
Jared

Sign : Libra

PostSubject: Re: Sunday, 14 June - 20 June 2009: Basic Books!   Sunday, 14 June - 20 June 2009: Basic Books! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 5:32 am

Personally, I have always loved fantasy (no surprise there), and two of my favorite authors are Piers Anthony and David and Leigh Eddings.

Both of these authors have such a great sense of character. I root for certain characters and I love to watch the downfall of others. I adore seeing these characters return time and again throughout each series and the Eddings have a delightful habit of creating autobiographies for characters, which gives me greater insight into the workings of their minds. It fascinates me. I've returned to Anthony's Incarnations of Immortality series many times over and I can't tell you how many times I've read Eddings' Polgara, the Sorceress. It's like greeting old friends.

There are numerous others of course, which will no doubt come up in discussion, but these two notables float to mind immediately.
Back to top Go down
http://signinink.blogspot.com
KittenKat

KittenKat

Sign : Leo

PostSubject: Re: Sunday, 14 June - 20 June 2009: Basic Books!   Sunday, 14 June - 20 June 2009: Basic Books! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 2:34 pm

You and Tom both on those Eddings novels.

Well, I loved Rising Sign, to start with. Razz I love the Anne Rice Vampire Chronicles. My current favorites are the Harry Potter novels... no its not a very original thing to be obsessed with, I admit, but I can't help it, I just love them. Embarassed And yes I have read them over and over and over again.

Before JK Rowling infected my brain, I considered myself to be very fluent in all kinds of literature. (I've always said that I will be an English teacher some day... in the far future.) I've always had a special love for poetry (I used to write a bit too) and I love Shakespeare. I like Kurt Vonnegut, Douglas Adams, Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Kenneth Koch, Walt Whitman, John Donne, and Ayn Rand, just off the top of my head. I like novels that make you think of course, but I really need a bit of humor and wit in there too. My taste in music and movies is the same... I like things that are clever, witty, and at least a little bit humorous.
Back to top Go down
http://avatars.imvu.com/kittenkat
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sunday, 14 June - 20 June 2009: Basic Books!   Sunday, 14 June - 20 June 2009: Basic Books! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sunday, 14 June - 20 June 2009: Basic Books!
Page 1 of 1