The Star Child Trilogy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion forum for the Star Child Trilogy, an astrological fantasy series by Jared R. Lopatin

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Received the book in mail and started reading it already

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
MasterSeerOphiuchus

MasterSeerOphiuchus

Received the book in mail and started reading it already Empty
PostSubject: Received the book in mail and started reading it already   Received the book in mail and started reading it already Icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 6:03 pm

I got the book today in the Mail and so far I have read up to pg 55. So far I think the Book and storyline is great and I like how Sereny was placed in the begining of all this before the 1st chapter started, Nice touch by the way. Can't wait to finish the book and read the next one.

While I read the part where Tim was being told he was LIBRA by Sereny and being told about the StarChild, a realization came into my head, when I first learned of Ophiuchus I learned that Ophiuchus's main talent is INTUITIVENESS (psychic) and being Empathic (psychic), as well as Healing, BUT it also has every aspect and gift/strength of all 12 of the other SUN SIGNS.

What if the Starchild's Sign is OPHIUCHUS? Since the STARCHILD is supposed to learn all the signs and be able to harness the abilities of all these signs, why not make it the same as it would be for Ophiuchus. It is just a thought, but in a way it makes alot of sense.
Back to top Go down
Jared
Author
Jared

Sign : Libra

PostSubject: Re: Received the book in mail and started reading it already   Received the book in mail and started reading it already Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 1:08 pm

I'm really glad that you're enjoying it, MSO. Smile

Alas, the Star Child has a different fate in store and I have a plan for Ophiuchus that I think you'll enjoy. All three books are mapped out in my head, so I know where the story is going, but I definitely appreciate the suggestion. According to the links you offered, the astrologers who use Ophiuchus include it as a 13th sign, but I haven't seen anything to suggest that it has the gifts/strengths of the other signs. Instead, it has its own place and effects. I think that's part of the joy of astrology; each sign is different. It seems to me that for astrologers who use this sign, Ophiuchus's place, though controversial, is as a peer to the other twelve signs.

I think that it would be interesting to have someone write a book that's focused on Ophiuchus and its possible effects, but unfortunately, this is not the series for that.

I'm thrilled to know that you like the book and that it's keeping you thinking, though. Thank you for the suggestion. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://signinink.blogspot.com
MasterSeerOphiuchus

MasterSeerOphiuchus

PostSubject: Finished the Book, can't wait for the Second Book   Received the book in mail and started reading it already Icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 8:43 pm

That book was Awesome, I loved the ending. I did not expect the ending at all. I was expecting you to have the team meet up with the last 6 Signs in the 2nd book. I have the feeling that TIM (Libra) is actually modeled after you in some way and the rest of the Signs are modeled after people you actually know in RL, its just a hunch, but I think it is partially your Life added in
Back to top Go down
Jared
Author
Jared

PostSubject: Re: Received the book in mail and started reading it already   Received the book in mail and started reading it already Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 3:07 am

Wow, MSO, you finished it so quickly! Smile I'm really glad that you enjoyed it. Book two has some more surprises coming. Surprised

There are only two characters that have a base in real life and you're right: Tim has quite a base in me. Good hunch. Smile Must be that Ophiuchus intuition. The only other character who has a base in real life is Harmony. Any other connections are purely coincidental.
Back to top Go down
MasterSeerOphiuchus

MasterSeerOphiuchus

PostSubject: Finished the Book, can't wait for the Second Book   Received the book in mail and started reading it already Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 8:24 pm

Yeah I just happen to be a very fast reader when it comes to books that really catch my attention and that I enjoy, just like yours. I was very impressed with it and I am currently Counting down the days till the next one comes out. I also saw one of the threads in this forum called Fan Fiction. What is that by the way, I am very curious as to what it is and how it works. Also a reminder I have the HTML code for the Ophiuchus Badge giver so you may place it on your HP with your Badges.

Here it is: Idea

This is a new Code, the ripaway.com Account for the other code got disabled so I had to make a new account and new HTML coding.

<iframe src=" http://h1.badwaresite.www/MasterSeerOphiuchus/Ophiuchus Badge/Ophiuchus Badge.php " style="border:0px; width:185px; height:220px;">

Please add that into your Badge Panel so that it may be grabbed with your Badges as well. Idea

PS I also saw the little note you left on the second page of the book, and thanks those words you said mean alot to me.
and if you are like Tim in most aspects of who he is, Smile ~giggles~ Smile, I hope you find your Sagittarius...lol ttyl:)

Last edited by MasterSeerOphiuchus on Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:59 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jared
Author
Jared

PostSubject: Re: Received the book in mail and started reading it already   Received the book in mail and started reading it already Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 2:11 pm

Fan Fiction is a forum for people who enjoy the novel so much that they write mini-stories that are spin-offs using characters from the novel. Some writers hate fan fiction; some welcome it. I like to think that if people are such fans of my writing that they are inspired to write, that's a good thing. Most fan fiction is written for other fans, so they are written from the point of view that people already know the world and the characters.

Your badge is now posted on my site with a link to your own profile. Smile Thank you for offering that.

I am happy that you enjoyed my words on the second page. I would venture to say that Tim is pretty heavily based on me. Smile Thank you for your kind words.
Back to top Go down
MasterSeerOphiuchus

MasterSeerOphiuchus

PostSubject: Re: Received the book in mail and started reading it already   Received the book in mail and started reading it already Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 5:09 pm

I am glad to see that you have the Badge Giver up, Sorry for not posting on here for such a long time. But things have been out of control in RL for me. It looks like it will continue that way for another 6-8 months or more, but I am holding on till things smooth over, till the Next book comes out. I am very Eager to finish what I started reading.
Back to top Go down
BellaMorte

BellaMorte

Sign : Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Received the book in mail and started reading it already   Received the book in mail and started reading it already Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 4:37 am

Well, I received my copy yesterday morning about 10 am, started reading it at lunchtime the same day and just finished it roughly 5:15 pm today (roughly 15 minutes ago) in between sleeping, eating, bathing and editing a couple of my own stories (nothing worthwhile for publishing though).

I enjoyed it immensely and will be having an extremely hard time waiting for book 2. I loved your characters and your writing style and your descriptions of people and locations. I laughed and I cried and generally had a hard time putting the book down even when I was starting to fall asleep.

Well done Jared cat
Back to top Go down
http://avatars.imvu.com/BellaMorte
Jared
Author
Jared

PostSubject: Re: Received the book in mail and started reading it already   Received the book in mail and started reading it already Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 1:28 am

BellaMorte,
My apologies for taking so long to respond to this thread. Life has kept me away from the internet world for FAR too long. However, I always have a notebook with me and I assure you that I am working hard on the second book - Ruling House. I am thrilled that you enjoyed the book so much and as soon as book two is available, you will definitely know! I'm always pleased to meet other writers and you never know - maybe you will get published. Smile Thank you so much for posting and I PROMISE to be more vigilant with checking on here from now on!

Jared
Back to top Go down
BellaMorte

BellaMorte

Sign : Aquarius

PostSubject: Re: Received the book in mail and started reading it already   Received the book in mail and started reading it already Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 2:39 am

Hi Hon, not a problem as I understand how RL can keep you away. And yes, I am very pleased to hear you are still working on book 2. In between reading numerous other novels, I've been working on my own. But enough of my stuff as this is about your wonderful book.
Back to top Go down
http://avatars.imvu.com/BellaMorte
MasterSeerOphiuchus

MasterSeerOphiuchus

PostSubject: Re: Received the book in mail and started reading it already   Received the book in mail and started reading it already Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 9:11 am

Greetings Jared, Due to Problems with my Previous RipAway.com Account I was forced to make a new one and make a new Badge giver.

This is a new HTML coding.

<iframe src=" http://h1.badwaresite.www/MasterSeerOphiuchus/Ophiuchus Badge/Ophiuchus Badge.php " style="border:0px; width:185px; height:220px;">

Please add that into your Badge Panel so that it may be grabbed with your Badges as well. Idea

Also, I now have my Own RP Group based on the Zodiacs called TheZodiacKingdom, and when then Next Book is Ready please let me know and I will Advertise it in my group, or you can join my Group and Advertise it yourself, it is totally up to you. I am already advertising your Badges in my group so that my members can wear their Zodiac sign and be proud of their Sign and what it Represents. Please Contact me, it would be great to hear from you again.

P.S. take your time with the 2nd book, RL always comes first so don't rush yourself, otherwise you would just get Writers Block. Other than that Have fun and see you soon.
Back to top Go down
GeminiWizard

GeminiWizard

Sign : Gemini

PostSubject: Re: Received the book in mail and started reading it already   Received the book in mail and started reading it already Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 3:32 pm

I just finished the book a couple of days ago and I have to say that I haven't been into a book like that for a very long time! It took me a few days to read it, due to real life, but I always had it with me.
Well done, Jared, and I am glad that I kept you up to date where I was in the book at the end of the day Wink
I love how much detail was put into each character! The drama between Libra and Sagittarius was very moving and I found it was making me smile and cry with both of them.
I cannot wait till the 2nd and 3rd books make it to my door step!

I am so very honored to be friends with the author and talk to him on a regular basis! Very Happy

~~Nick Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Received the book in mail and started reading it already   Received the book in mail and started reading it already Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Received the book in mail and started reading it already
Page 1 of 1